New York, NY
Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator (ERA) is seeking an exceptional Investment Analyst to join our team in growing the ERA accelerator platform, as well as its associated venture fund, Remarkable Ventures.
ERA is a leading early-stage venture capital fund and technology accelerator based in NYC. To date, we have invested in 280+ companies since 2011 through our accelerator and 75+ companies through our venture fund (Series Seed, A, and B).
Our portfolio includes four unicorns (so far), has raised more than $1B, and are collectively worth more than $6B. ERA founders are already playing leading roles in the evolution of virtually every major global industry.
The Investment Analyst will join ERA’s small investment team. This is a full-time, predominantly in-person position. The role requires participation in several different investment-related activities. Investment types include accelerator “pre-seed” investing and venture investing in Series Seed, Series A, and Series B rounds.
- Sourcing – Meet with the founders of prospective portfolio companies, review accelerator applications, and participate in accelerator interviews.
- Analysis – Assist the firm’s Partners in analyzing all aspects of potential investments. You may review things such as financial statements, competitive positioning, customer and founder reference calls, product demos, and technical architecture. You will present your findings to our investment committee to directly inform decision making.
- Investment Reporting – Create regular reports that summarize the firm’s overall performance, portfolio valuations, as well as updates on portfolio company progress. You will work directly with ERA’s CFO and reports will be shared with both the firm’s Partners and its LPs.
- Portfolio Reporting – Track portfolio company performance, monitor reporting materials, and review board decks.
- Portfolio Support – Assist portfolio companies with financial modeling, investor decks, and related materials.
- Networking – Create and maintain relationships with founders, investors, and other members of the startup ecosystem.
What we are looking for
- Intellectually curious self-starter with demonstrable interest in startups + venture capital.
- College degree; 1-2 years of prior work experience preferred.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Ability to produce “presentation-ready” memos, reports, & financial analyses.
- Basic understanding of financial statements.
- Strong Excel skills; bonus points for PowerPoint and Keynote skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Drive and disposition to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexibility to work independently and with teams.
- Organizational skills and a process-oriented approach.
Compensation: Full-time including health benefits. Standard company vacation policy.
Start Date: ASAP. Minimum two-year commitment.
Location: New York, NY
To apply: Please email email@example.com with:
- LinkedIn and other social media profile links
- Brief paragraph on why you are the best person for this job
- What’s a tech trend that excites you? Why? (<100 words)
- What’s a startup (pre series A) that excites you? Why? (<100 words)