Senior Investment Associate – Climate
New York, NY
Remarkable Ventures is seeking an exceptional Investment Associate to join our team in growing our newest fund, Remarkable Ventures Climate (RVC). Experience with the energy transition preferred.
RVC invests in early-stage climate tech companies working to decarbonize the enterprise and speed the transition to a low carbon future for the world’s largest industries. We are investing in remarkable founders at the early-stage (Seed – Series A), with a focus on decarbonizing the enterprise across a few sectors. The sectors we are focusing on are Energy Transition, Climate Fintech, Built Environment, Mobility, Manufacturing, and AgTech.
This fund builds on our firm’s 12 year experience in early stage investing. Prior Remarkable Venture funds have invested in 95+ companies to date (Series Seed, A, and B), and Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator (ERA) has invested in 300+ companies to date. Our portfolio includes four unicorns (so far), has raised more than $1.7B, and are collectively worth more than $10B. Our founders are already playing leading roles in the evolution of virtually every major global industry.
The Investment Associate will join RVC’s investment team. This is a full-time, in-person position. The role requires participation in several different investment-related activities.
- Sourcing – Meet with the founders of prospective portfolio companies. This includes networking and research to unearth investment opportunities.
- Analysis – Assist the firm’s Partners in analyzing all aspects of potential investments. You may review things such as financial statements, competitive positioning, customer and founder reference calls, product demos, and technical architecture. You will present your findings to our investment committee to directly inform decision making.
- Deal Execution – Work with founders, legal counsel, and our investment team to close investment deals. This includes investment documentation and discussions of deal terms.
- Portfolio Reporting – Track portfolio company performance, monitor reporting materials, and review board decks.
- Portfolio Support – Assist portfolio companies with financial modeling, investor decks, and related materials.
- Networking – Create and maintain relationships with founders, investors, and other members of the startup ecosystem.
What we are looking for:
- Intellectually curious self-starter with demonstrable interest in startups, venture capital and climate.
- Mission-driven to solve the greatest challenge of our generation.
- College degree and 4+ years of prior work experience required.
- Experience in investing and/or VC deals preferred.
- Experience investing in Energy/Energy Transition preferred.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Ability to produce “presentation-ready” memos, reports, & financial analyses.
- Basic understanding of financial statements.
- Strong Excel skills; bonus points for PowerPoint and Keynote skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Relentless attention to detail
- Drive and disposition to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexibility to work independently and with teams.
- Organizational skills and a process-oriented approach.
Full-time in-person position with full health benefits and 15 days paid vacation per year.
Base salary range: $110K to $150K with additional considerations depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
Start Date: ASAP.
Location: New York, NY
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- LinkedIn and other social media profile links
- Brief paragraph on why you are the best person for this job
1) What’s a climate-related investment theme that excites you? Why? (<100 words)
2) What’s a startup (pre series A) that excites you? Why? (<100 words)